VALUE WHAT YOU HAVE

 VALUE!!!



"You are beautiful"

"I think I like you" she smiled, twisting her body around me. 

I never meant those words, I was actually trying to make Esther feel loved.


Esther had been my greatest source of inspiration, she would wake me every morning with a call, she wouldn't go to bed without hearing from me. 

She would get me presents, recharge my phone and still settle most of my bills but, we hadn't agreed on anything. 

We were just friends, I felt guilty that I couldn't offer her anything in return. 

I began to play along, I would tease her with so much romantic words, just to make her feel loved. 

Although she was a bit taller than me, fair complexioned and very beautiful.

I had no feeling for her, I had observed her from afar before we became very close to each other, her motive was to lure me with her figure - eight shaped body but, I  had overcame it severally. I was always cautious about coming in close contact with her.


I didn't know what came over me that day when I saw her having a chat with Michael, one of my friends whom I've known for flirting with girls. 

I was upset, my heart was ticking like the wall clock. 

My eyes were filled with tears but I wouldn't permit tears to roll down my cheeks, I stood in front of the black SUV car beside them, held my phone with my two hands tightly clushed on it, 

I thought of smashing my phone on the ground in despair of the anger. 

The conversation didn't end in few minutes time, I watched as he held her by the waist and gave her an erotic kiss. 

I held my red polo shirt that I bought two days ago, with the tip of my fingers, I never knew when I began to bite my shirt like I had to tear it apart.

 I felt jealous that she was with another person instead of me, my emotions began to run deep.

"What were you doing with that guy?" I looked at her with sterned eyes.

" I was only telling him to help me find a job" she retorted.


"is that why he was holding you by the waist?" My eyes were still focused on her 


" I don't understand oh" she replied

"Wait!" 

"I saw him kissing you"

"What  was that kiss for?" 

" It's nothing" 

" He was just showing concern" 

I was thinking of the right words to use in telling her that she was wrong but, I swallowed my speech rather than saying something that would hurt her. 

I left her behind without any comment, my head began to swell like I had a mental disorder. 

I was the one that gave her the privilege of going close to my friend, I haven't played my role as a man but, I had no feeling for her.

My mind was made up early that Monday morning, immediately after toolbox meeting, I walked up to her, held her right hand and kissed her.

She smiled with so much excitement, I hugged her tightly to myself then I uttered those words that I had never said to her before.



"I love you Esther" 


That was how I started loving her, since that day we've been mutual friends and understand each other equally.


I wouldn't have known her worth until the day someone else tried taking her away from me.


Don't wait until you loose what is valuable in your life before you realize its worth. 

Value what you have


©️Namso Umoh

Writer/Author

https://allauthor.com/author/namsoumoh/


4 Comments

Comments and suggestions

Previous Post Next Post