HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY


 HOW I MISSED HER


It's been three years since I set my eyes on her, the memory kept burning very strong inside me. I had lost contact with the one I cherished so much, I had thought of  going to her family house to ask for her to give me a second chance - even though it would be the last thing I wanted doing before parting ways, it wouldn't be pleasant to do so (I thought again). 


The long awaited day I had desired to have her around was fully come, I had tidied up my one bedroom apartment to an extent my neighbors were wondering if I was expecting the president. I had filled up the entire room with fragrance of flowers, lined up candles on the floor, the cool music from my home theater system gave freshness to the room as John Legend kept echoing from the speakers.


I was wondering what had happened that she hadn't called me since morning, it's noon already and I've not been able to reach her on the phone. I had tried several times calling Patience - her best friend but, the phone had been switched off. 


"Is this a joke or something?" I muttered


I had spoken with her over the phone last night before going to bed, I had promised to make this day a remarkable one for her. I had used my last savings to buy her a present, it was to come as a surprise to her. 


************

Hours later, I had been discussing with some of my friends that had came to see me, suddenly a WhatsApp message from Esther popped up on my phone. My mood changed instantly, it reads: 



"Mike I never knew you were a philanderer, all my life I had been so submissive to you. I gave you my whole heart, I gave up on my friends just to please you, yet you decided to end up with that ecdysiast".

"Today was supposed to be my happiest day since we started this relationship but you decided to ruin it, I have been in tears since last night when I went through your phone".  "I decided not to open up to you last night, I pretended I was fine just to wave it off". 

 "I  saw the picture she sent to you, I saw your chats with her, you even promised to send her money for the Valentine's day".

"You have made me regret loving you, my heart bleeds for hurting my feelings, I don't want to set my eyes on you ever again".

"Good  bye........."



My heart started palpitating as a drum beat, I tried calling her on the phone but it wasn't going through, she had switched off her phone again after sending me the message. I punched my self in horror.

" I don fuck up"


She would have heard from me before judging me for cheating on her, that was my cousin's picture. I had saved her contact in my phone as "my sweetheart", that's how we had been interacting. 

I call her "sweetheart"  and she calls me "darling", she also asked me to send her money for Valentine's day which I didn't object, I promised to send her the money. 


"She wasn't my girlfriend"


"what has gotten to Esther that she would conceive that I'd like to do such thing" 

 

I was unable to sleep that night, my love for her was stronger than concrete used in building houses. I became so emotional, my eyes had swollen like local bread that had been soacked inside cool water. I eventually developed severe fever, my hands were shaking, I felt cold running from my head down to my toes.  


As I scrolled through my phone, she kept appearing on my phone screen, I had saved her picture as my phone wallpaper. Her smile was still stuck in my heart, her open dentition that blends with her lascivious eyes was something I can't erase from my memory. 

That day had been a memorial for me, a day I would never forget how she flipped out of my care. 


Till today I still miss her..........


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 



From

Namso Umoh

https://allauthor.com/author/namsoumoh/

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions

Previous Post Next Post